This section will analyze my own personal nutritional strengths and weaknesses, and then I will formulate a plan to meet necessary dietary guidelines.
I will start with the nutritional strengths in my daily diet. The first thing I do when I get up is fix a tall glass of water and drink it. I know I eat enough protein and healthy carbohydrates. I get sufficient protein by eating lean meats and drinking protein shakes. I eat gluten-free carbohydrates, which are mostly rice based. I love a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. My favorites include sugar snap peas and butternut squash, in addition to blueberries and bananas. I am great about consistently eating around the same time each day, which helps to keep my blood sugar levels stable. My favorite healthy fat that I eat often is from avocados. I avoid dairy to aid in my current health situation, which helps prevent sinus problems and other symptoms.
On the other hand, I have plenty of nutritional weaknesses. I eat too many carbohydrates and rely too much on protein shakes to supply protein. I rely on supplements to get the nutrients that I need. My portion sizes have gotten out of hand around the last six months. I do not eat enough fruits and vegetables, even though I love them. Cravings and temptations have been really hard to resist. I have had a tendency, since childhood, to eat the same foods for months and months. I am reluctant to change foods when I find a pattern that seems right to me in the current time. It is hard for me to eat a variety of foods because of this continual habit, along with my digestive problems. I have to take supplements to get vitamins and minerals, since my body has been facing serious health challenges the last few years.
I will continue to move forward to heal my current health problems, which will help with my body's ability to digest foods properly. This will allow the chance to break the habit of eating the same foods, without the pain and symptoms I currently experience. It is hard to make dietary changes when digestion is impaired with other complications. I plan to eat a serving of lean meats at each meal, along with vegetables. Also, get portions within control once again, along with lessening the amount of carbohydrates. I know I will feel a greater sense of motivation to try a variety of new foods and recipes when I can actually enjoy them. I am hoping to be able to maintain a healthy diet without supplements someday in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment